- General Errors
- [SOLVED] XAMPP Cannot Create file xampp-control.ini Access Is Denied
Solution for when you are starting XAMPP on a new installation and you get an error prompt that says: Cannot create file xampp-control.ini Access is Denied , Last Updated: Tue May 30, 2023
Sat Apr 04, 2020
XAMPP Error: Access is Denied - Solution
Follow these steps to easily overcome this error message in your XAMPP fresh installation:
- Close the XAMPP control panel
- Navigate to your XAMPP installation folder and fine a file name: xampp-control.exe
- Right-click on xampp-control.exe and select: Run as administrator
- Select yes when you are prompted to authorized XAMPP as administrator privileges.
Alternative, you can set the user permission for the application to run automatically as administrator.
Hope that helps.