- Tutorial and Guides
- How to SSH to GCP Console (Google Cloud Platform) Linux Terminal with Putty
This Page Contains information about How to SSH to GCP Console (Google Cloud Platform) Linux Terminal with Putty By gcp user in category Tutorial and Guides with 0 Replies. , Last Updated: Wed Oct 25, 2023
Wed Oct 25, 2023
To start a SSH session to a GCP LInux VM with Putty, follow these steps:
Example, VM contains Hestia Control Panel and a user edwin was created in Hestia.
- Generate a new key with Putty Key Generator by click on each of the following steps in that order.
NOTE: the username and password should match the Hestia user
File Location: : G:\Program Files\winscp\PuTTY\
- You should have a public and a private key.
- Login to Google Cloud Console Compute: https://console.cloud.google.com/compute
- Select VM from the menu on the right to view all your VM for your project
- Example: https://console.cloud.google.com/compute/instancesDetail/zones/us-west1-b/instances/free-hestia-panel?project=free-tier-xxxxx
- On the top menu, click on EDIT
- Scroll down to the SSH Keys section
- click on + Add Item
- Copyand paste the public key from Putty Key Generator from step 1 image. Red Number 6
- Click Save
- Open Putty.
- Copy and paste the public IP address into the Hostname
- Go to Connection > SSH > Auth > Credentials
Source: G:\Program Files\winscp\keys\Hestia-SSH
- Add the private key you generated from step 1
- Click on Connect in Putty
- Terminal will open. Use the login user and password you provided from step 1. Image steps 2 and 3