- How To Increase Disk Space To An Existing Linux Virtual Machine In Virtualbox
this is the procedure and instructions to increase or add more space to your virutabox linux machine. , Last Updated: Mon Nov 28, 2022
Mon Oct 19, 2020
Increase Disk Space in a Virtual Box Machine.
Today I will show you how the steps to increase disk space capacity for any of your Virtual Box machines.
Today I got an error on my Ubuntu Linux Virtual machine, it said: Low disk space on "filesystem root" The volume "filesystem root" has only 683MB disk space remaining.
- Power off your virtual machine
- To increase simply go to your Oracle VM Virtualbox manager
- go to file > Virtual media manager or Control + D
- Go to the Properties tab
- Select the Virtual Machine you want to increase or decrease the disk size
- A the bottom, you will see a slider title "Size" you can increase or decrease as desired
- Start your virtual machine and wait after it has comleted booting
- Open a command terminal and send this command to confirm the disk size
sudo fdisk -l
NOTE: This feature is only available for .vdi files and VirtualBox 6 or above.
Hope that helps.