- Domain Names
- How To Transfer Domain Registration From Godaddy To Cloudflare
these are the steps to How to trasnfer domain registration from godaddy to cloudflare , Last Updated: Sat Dec 31, 2022
Mon Mar 14, 2022
To transfer domains from Godaddy to Cloudflare because its much cheaper and better service, follow these steps:
NOTE: Godaddy always keeps changing their interface, so things might be not updated, but the idea is the same for domains: unlock, transfer, get code and authorize code.
- Login to you Goaddy Account
- Go to manage domains:
- Click to select on the domain you want to transfer
- Unock Domain: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page where it says :Domain lock: set it to: Off
- Consent to "Locking prevents unauthorized changes, including transfer to another registrar."
- GET AUTHORIZATION CODE - Again, scroll all the way to the bottom of the Domain Settings page and look for a link that says:
Transfer domain away from GoDaddy
UPDATE: AS OF 12.31.2022, Godaddy changed this step, instead to OBTAIN AUTHORIZATION CODE, go to this LINK:
How To Get Domain Transfer Authorization Code Registration From Godaddy
- Click on the button that says "Continue with Transfer
- Your domain is unlocked and ready to transfer. Click on the button that says: Click here to see authorization code
Save this autorization code, you will need it for the next steps. Additionally, this code will also be sent to your email.
- Now, login to your Cloudflare account. if you havent added your domain to your account do so now.
- In your Cloudflare account, go to the domain you wish to transfer
- Under Domain Registration, Click on Transfer to Cloudflare
- Enter the authorization code from step 8
- Confirm your domain contact information and save
- You will get an email from godaddy and clouflare about your request to transfer.
- You can waith the 5-7 days to transfer, but you can do it very quickly by going to your goddaddy domains transfers page:
- In the transfers page, click on the transfer out tab
- Here you will see all the domain names pending transfer out from gogaddy. Select your domains and click on the button that says: Approve Transfer
- This was the final step. You will reveice an email from goaddy that says "Sorry to see you go" blah blah blah -
Not gonna lie. We hate to see you go. We're sorry to see you’ve transferred your domain names away from GoDaddy. But thanks for choosing us in the first place.