- General Errors
- Fix Virtual Machine Windows 10 Host Extremely Slow With Turtle Icon
this is how to fix a problem with virtualbox with a green turtle icon bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off , Last Updated: Mon Mar 15, 2021
Mon Mar 15, 2021
Hey, if you all of the suddend have your windows 10 host machine running very slow. Take a look at the V icon at the bottom of the windows, if you notice a small green turtle, then that means that micrsoft hypervisor is running. This is something enabled automatically if you installed a program like docker. If so, this breaks virtualbox. To fix it, you need to disabled it. Follow these instructions.
- Shutdown your virtual machine guest
- Open powershell with administrator and run this command:
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
- Reboot your host
- Start your guest machine.
- Notice the green turtle is gone and your windows is running normal now.