Linux Crack Root Password
- General Errors
- Linux Crack Root Password
This Page Contains information about Linux Crack Root Password By arun jangras in category General Errors with 9 Replies. , Last Updated: Sun Jul 05, 2020
Thu Apr 24, 2008
i forgot my root password now i dont know how im going to get my files back
do you keep a records or my password
our website is completely down right now and i have no idea what the password is for our server i just came to this company and the previous guy did not leave the root password and icant find it anywhere
can you please give me the password for us or can you tell me how i can retrieve my forgotten password
im going to be in big trouble if i dont get it soon
please note that you cannot perform this remotely, you must be physically at the machine.
1. the first step is to reboot server.
2. Since the server i inherit has GRUB, wait until the grub splash screen comes on and hit the letter 'e' on your keyboard. this will stop grub.
3. hit 'e' again and this will take you to another screen
4. you should see one of the choices has "kernel" select the one with "kernel
5. hit 'e' on your keyboard
6. type ' single' (make sure to include a space before "single") and hit enter. then enter 'b' to boot.
7. your system should boot up in single mode as root
8. now that you are logged in single mode you can chage the root password by sending this command:
9. after you have changed the root password, reboot server and you should be able to login with the new password.
1. If you have LILO, its different, fist reboot server and when you see the LILO: prompt type "linux single" and hit enter. this will log you in as root in single user mode.
2. Once booting is complete, you can change your password with this command: