- Tutorial and Guides
- [SOLVED] Windows 10 Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 Explorer Issue
These are some steps you can performed if you are having problems, issues, troubles accessing the file explorer in your windows 10 computer PC , Last Updated: Sun Jul 05, 2020
Sat Apr 11, 2020
Troubleshooting Iomega StorCenter ix2-200
This page is to help you troubleshoot network connections to access your files. A long time ago I purchased a Network Storage (NAS) for my backups. Its been several years since I used it, and today I had trouble accessing it through the file network explorer. These are the things to check if you are having trouble:
- Make sure you are part of Workgroup.
- Look into System properties to check
- Make sure you have network discovery enabled
- Search for: Network Sharing or you can find it in control panel:
- Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
- Make sure you have "Turn On Network Discovery" like this settings:
- Ensure you have your firewall rules to allow for file sharing. One way you can find out if your firewall is preventing you from acessing your files, it to temporarly disable your firewall, if after disabling your firewall, it works, then you know you can just disable that portion of the file sharing in your firewall rules. IN this example, I have norton firewall and I created a firewall rule to allow file sharing traffic in my local network computers. If you dont know how to do this, I can do it for your for a small fee.
- Confirm all the computers are connected to that same network.
- Sometimes you may need to be connected to the internet. So check your network connections, try pinging to yahoo for example.
- If all goes well, you can now access the device with the following path: \\ix2-200-THUBCE
- Try pinging: ping ix2-200-THUBCE
- Be sure you have the NAS as Automatic DHCP
- If all has been checked, you should get a login prompt in your windows 10 computer:
These are the checks I performed and now I am able to access my files in my Iomega StorCenter ix2-200