VONETS WIFI REPEATER SETUP.

Have you ever heard about the 'Internet of Things'? or IoT - This is a perfect example of it because here we have a device which uses a network connection but the manufacturer does not provide wifi network connection. In this example, i will be using a QSee Security Camera System. This system did not come with wifi connection only with RJ45 LAN connection, but I am installing the camera system in my garage and I dont have a cable long enough to go there. I did some research and found the Vonet wifi repeater. Its a neat little device that doesn't cost much. Its made by a chinese company. There are many ways to install and confgure your Vonets device, but I found the following is the easiest to do. One of the options in the older models required you to installa vonets software, however, that was designed for older windows machines like windows xp, now that we have the latest windows, it may not support, so the best way to do it through the browser interface. Follow these steps to configure and setup your vonets wifi repeater:

Please follow these instructions on for the installation and setup of the vonet wifi repeater

1. you can buy your vonets from ebay or from other source.
20-p4715-usb-port-in-laptop.jpg

2. Connect the vonets wifi repeater into your USB port in your windows computer

3. Give it about 1 or 2 minutes to boot up. You will see light flashing. When you see this, press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds. The vonets repeater will reset to factory defaults.

4. Wait another 2-3 minutes and you will see the vonets wifi hotspot in your wifi list.

5. Enter the network security key password “12345678”

6. open your browser and go to IP 192.168.254.254

7. login with 'admin' and password 'admin'

8.Select your preferred WiFi hotspot and click next

9. Enter the WIFI password and click apply

10. Hit the reboot button

Wait another 2-3 minutes and you will see the vonets wifi hotspot in your wifi list and enter the password you provided from the previous step you are done,

You are now connected to your repeater.

I am using this vonets for my QSEE camera system, so in order to access the camera, all I have to do is find the ip address that was assigned to the vonets wifi repeater by my home wifi. you can see this information if you open your browser to the following ip address: 192.168.1.1 (I have at&t internet access) not sure for other like comcast or xfinity.