Windows error

Sometimes for some reason you are unable to delete or rename files in the Windows Operating System - That's the nature of Windows, I guess. A couple of years ago, when I was starting to get into the web development, I often came across scripts that were designed for Linux. I asked people why don't they make more scripts for Windows. And everytime the answer was the same -- "Its a system with too many flaws" . I thought it was unfair for everyone to say that about Windows, I like windows, it was simple and easy to learn and use. Not until later that I started to work more with linux that I understood what these people meant.

Anyway, a customer had a problem with their Windows Server (They insisted to be a Windows Server and not a Linux Server). The problem was that he was trying to delete a file, and everytime he tried to, he kept getting this error:

Code/Command:
Error Renaming File or Folder

Cannot rename filename: It is being used by another person or program.

Close any programs that might be using the files and try again.

We tried everything - closing all applications, rebooting, login as admin/another user, task manager, and no luck. The only way we could et rid of the file was to go in safe mode. After we logged in as admin in safe mode, we were able to delete it.

If you dont know how to start Windows in safe more go to this post:

Start Windowns In Safe Mode

Two months later, customer asked to change to a Linux server, Which was cheaper to lease. I asked him why he changed, he said because he was paying too much money to maintain it with support. His application vendor charged him like $275 dollars an hour for support. He was trying to get a refund for them not being able help him with the issue of deleting a file that was making his application crash. He was happy when our support team told him that there was no charge for the support since he was a "Managed Customer". He found an application that would run on Linux and changed his server. He's happy now, and so are we.