Just got a new MacBook Pro and need to install VS Code but I also want to have access to vs code from the terminal command line. This is how I did it.
1. Donwload VS Code from https://code.visualstudio.com/download
2. Open the zip file that was download
3. Visual Code will start and set it up if needed.
4. Close Visual Code
5. Open Find and go to the downloads directory
6. Drag Visual Code to the Apps Directory
7. Open LaunchPad and search for VS Code and open it.
8. Open the Command Palette with (Shift + ⌘ + P) and type shell command to find the Shell Command:
9 Select Install 'code' command in PATH** from the dropdown list
10. Click OK on the prompt for administrator and enter the admin password.
11. You will get a prompt that the path was installed successfully.
12. Open your terminal and open code form the command line by using