- Tutorial and Guides
- New Linux Ubuntu Installation Settings Configurations
these are my favorite settings and configurations when I install a new image of linux ubuntu , Last Updated: Tue Dec 29, 2020
Sat Dec 26, 2020
Ubuntu Initial Configurations for Virtual Box Machine:
These are my preferred applications and settings for running a linux ubuntu virtual machine in my virtualbox for my laravel/docker development environment. I am a full stack developer.
- Devices > Insert Guest Additions CD Image
- Devices > Shared Clipboard > Bidirectional
- Devices > Shared Folders > Share Folder Settings..>
After rebooting, you will need to send this command to be able to access the shared files with the host machine:
sudo adduser $USER vboxsf; reboot
- Right-click Desktop > Settings > Privacy > Screen Lock > Automatic Screen Lock > Disable
- Ubuntu Software > Search > Visual Studio Code
- Install Extensions:
Install Gnome Tweaks to customize the task bar to look like windows
1. open Ubuntu Software and look for "Gnome Tweaks" and install it
2. go to https://extensions.gnome.org/ and install the following extensions in this order:
1 - Arch Menu
2 - Dash To Panel
For more deatails, watch this video it shows you. Just beware that its an older video and the options and configurations may be different, but the features are still there.
Hope that helps.