on one of my website, i kept getting this error on a new script i just installed on a brand new linux server provided by Webune.com which i just leased a dedicated server from Webune.com

this was the errors:
Notice: Undefined variable: leftLinks in /var/www/home/shop/script/header.php on line 124

Notice: Undefined variable: q in /var/www/home/shop/script/header.php on line 138

Notice: Undefined variable: welcome in /var/www/home/shop/script/header.php on line 148

I was trying to figure out how to fix this error, i contacted the support team at Webune and they were able to give me an answer quickly.

so just in case it happens to me in the future, i can have this tutorial guide to remind me on how to fix this PHP error. or if anyone has the same problem they can benefit from the support team at Webune Web Hosting.

so to fix this error you need to login into you Webune Dedicated Server. If you are not a Webune cusotmer, make sure you are having this problem on a linux server like Red Hat, Fedoar, Centos etc..

To start login as root using a SSH connection to your linux shell prompt.

make a backup of the php.ini file with this command:

Code:
cp etc/php.ini /etc/php.ini.backup

then open the php.ini file with a text editor, i wll be using nano which comes with linux, you can also us VI, but i like nano better. i will open it using nano with this command:
     Code:
nano /etc/php.ini

now look for this line in the php.ini file:
     Code:
error_reporting = E_ALL
NOTE: you may have something different set for the error_reporting , just make sure you make the changes on the line without a semi-colon because a semi-colon at the begining of the line mean its a comment

So now change it to:

Code:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Save your changes and then restart you Apache server for the changes to take affect witht his command:
     Code:
/etc/init.d/httpd restart

once your Apache server restarts, go back to the page where you were getting this error and refresh the web page and you should not see this error anymore.

Hope this help. Please provide any feed back or comments you have by submitting your reply at the bottom of this page. thanks