Verizon Error 678 - Connection Failed The Remote Computer

Forums » General Errors » Verizon Error 678 - Connection Failed The Remote Computer
do you have verizon wireless internet and you are using their vzaccess manager to connect online. and when you try to tether you mobile phone to your laptop or computer you get this error that says
24p-3493-erro-678.gif
do you have verizon wireless internet and you are using their vzaccess manager to connect online. and when you try to tether you mobile phone to your laptop or computer you get this error that says:

connection failed - the remote computer did not respond.

error 678

so you want to know how to fix it. if you are getting this error you are probably frustrated because you get this error too and you can't get help from verizon. well, i m going to share how i was able to fix my problem

step 1 - restart your computer

step 2 - restart your mobile phone, i have a blackberry, i just shut it down, wait 10 seconds, and then power it back on.

then try again, it should work this time.

i have an hp laptop dv2000 with windows 7
blom
oh wow. thats great people like you report these problems because i had the same issue error message as 678 using verizon access manager for internet connection
dave
landi
i was able to fix mine. i went to network connection configuration and set it to verizon connection. for some reason, i was messing around with my phone and i changed a configuration setting. after i changed it and i restarted my phone it worked. thanks for your help, i thought verizon had disconnected my internet service because i exceeded the limit. but i came across your article. unlike dave, it worked for me.
Caliburbob
much appreciated the really simple reboot advice. worked great and i am up and running. thaks again.
pepper
also have the same problem. tried rebooting it and then it works.=)
andrea
i dont like verison, they suck
Title: Verizon Error 678 - Connection Failed The Remote Computer [1792]
Tags: connection failed the remote computer did not respond error 678
By
Comments 6
Visits 378